Please send your completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IP Innovation Clinic, the first student-based clinic of its kind in Canada, is seeking law students from Osgoode Hall Law School to provide assistance to under-resourced inventors, entrepreneurs and start-up companies with their innovation and commercialization activities.
IP Innovation Clinic Fellows
It is expected that the majority of the work done by students will relate to patent or trademark law. The remaining time would be spent working on other IP-related and start-up business related needs as they arise. The students’ work will be supervised by lawyers from Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, Bereskin & Parr LLP, and OWN Innovation and may include:
- Performing prior art searches
- Performing trademark searches
- Conducting legal research and drafting legal memos
- Possibly assisting with other steps in the patent prosecution process (i.e. reviewing patent specifications, etc.)
- Client intake and consultations
Note: Please note the position is a part-time volunteer position. Students may claim OPIR hours for work done at the IP Innovation Clinic.
- an interest in IP law, technology and commercialization issues
- responsiveness and a commitment to client service
- attention to detail and ability to write clearly and concisely
- excellent time-management, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- you must be entering your 2L or 3L year at Osgoode Hall Law School
- completion of the Legal Values: IP Commercialization Seminar course is not required but would be considered an asset
- completion of the Intellectual Property or Patents course is not required but would be considered an asset
Deadline: Thursday, April 13, 2023
Please provide the following materials via email to email@example.com:
- One page cover letter (briefly outlining your interests in IP law)
- Copy of your resume and unofficial grades
- A sample of your written work (max. 750 words)
We thank all applicants for their interest in the positions, but will only contact those selected for an interview.