Due to popular demand, we are accepting applications to join the IPilogue team as writers for the Winter term! If you are passionate about writing and interested in building your presence or being published in IP law, this is a great opportunity for you.
IPilogue Writers will be in charge of contributing timely articles related to IP law, technology, and related legal issues to the blog.
Term: January – April 2022 (with possibility of continuing into summer 2022)
- Profile on our website with a link to all of your articles
- Byline with photo on the articles that you contribute
- Network of contributors to share ideas and collaborate with other writers
- Contribute at least 1 article every 2 weeks (for a minimum of 8 articles over the term); Writers may contribute more articles earlier in the summer to be spaced out over the term
- Keep track of articles written
- Exemplary writing, research, and analysis skills
- Interest in learning about IP law and technology issues
- Respect/openness for differing opinions and evidence-based issue analysis
- Preference will be given to:
- Osgoode JD or LL.M students
- Writers who have actively contributed to the IPilogue in the past
The deadline to apply for all positions is Friday, January 14, 2022. To submit your application, please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter (outline your interest in IP law, as well as your relevant writing/editing experience)
- Updated Transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Writing Sample: a 750 word (max) blog article about an IP issue
Please note that this position is part-time and voluntary.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Applicants will be considered and interviewed on an ongoing basis. We thank all applicants for their interest. We will only contact those selected for an interview.