You have some innovative research you want to commercialize and you are unsure how to protect your smart idea. Where do you go to get help? This burning question has been answered by a new initiative between The Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) and IP Osgoode.
We are pleased to announce a student-staffed commercialization clinic, the first of its kind in Canada. Given OCE’s mandate to assist early-stage innovators in bringing their products to market, this ground breaking clinic is one more resource in OCE’s commercialization tool kit.
Through its law students and under the supervision of a Clinical Supervisor, the Clinic will provide legal information and the following legal services to organizations that need assistance in their commercialization activities:
- reviewing business transactions involving intellectual property
- assisting with various steps in the patent prosecution process (conducting prior art searches, reviewing patent specifications)
- performing freedom-to-operate and clearance searches
- assisting with various steps in the trade-mark prosecution process
- conducting legal research
We are seeking a Clinical Supervisor to supervise law students on a part-time basis. We are also open to working with a Clinical Supervisor who is part of a team of colleagues. If you are interested in being involved in this exciting initiative, please submit your cover letter and CV to IP Osgoode at email@example.com as soon as possible and no later than Monday, May 23, 2011. See details.